Archive for justcycling.myfastforum.org Just Cycling
 


       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> The Coffee Lounge
70kmph

Ulrich training video


Link
last km

The time that impressed me of the few times I did see him (JA)in the flesh was at the Worlds TT in Lisbon....David Millar came past with about 2-3 km to go and he definitely looked to be on a winning ride (and as it transpires EPO)Rolling Eyes  ...Ullrich came past next at hyperdrive....the rest is history...

He was a strange personality, ballooning up and down with his weight...but when push came to shove he was a pretty ballsy rider in my book...almost vunerable at times....and he had the grace to walk away before it was too late..unlike another uni-ball less wunder kind.
SlowRower

last km wrote:
....and he had the grace to walk away before it was too late...


Didn't he get implicated in OP, barred from the 2006 TDF, and sacked by Telekom before retiring?

I'm not knocking Ullrich - the way those implicated in OP got treated was pretty shocking IMHO - but he didn't really "walk away" in a conventional sense of the expression.

I loved watching him ride though. There was something about the sight of him churning big gears up hill that was very compelling.
Mrs John Murphy

He walked away in that unlike others implicated - Basso, Piti, Mancebo, Sevilla, Hamilton, Sainz etc, he simply got off the bike. He is I think closer to Pascal Richard who when busted held up his hands, retired on the spot.

What is shocking is that while he and Basso lost their careers shitty Piti and his corrupt Spanish colleagues have got away scot free. That is the real scandal.

Who looks like they are having more fun



or






or





or

thunderthighs

its a ruff life..its not  glamour.. its scarey..ciao
Me, a fan?

Mrs John Murphy wrote:
He walked away in that unlike others implicated - Basso, Piti, Mancebo, Sevilla, Hamilton, Sainz etc, he simply got off the bike. He is I think closer to Pascal Richard who when busted held up his hands, retired on the spot.

What is shocking is that while he and Basso lost their careers shitty Piti and his corrupt Spanish colleagues have got away scot free. That is the real scandal.

Who looks like they are having more fun


I remember that when it happened Mancebo retired instantly, guess he changed his mind.  Looking back I wonder if riding for Michael Ball was any better than retiring.
Mrs John Murphy

He retired and then unretired when it became clear that the Spanish authorities were not going to investigate.
jdog

It is the German media that has hounded Jan to this day. Even in retirement he has no peace.
It will be very interesting to read his book when it is published. Maybe it is the difference in personaltites  that gave Armstrong the edge. Jan is a very even layed back type. The kind of guy you can shoot the s**t with while having a beer.
I have never spoken with Armstrong but I get the feeling he is a lot less sociable.
Enchantress

jdog wrote:
The kind of guy you can shoot the s**t with while having a beer.
I have never spoken with Armstrong but I get the feeling he is a lot less sociable.


Less sociable? More like borderline psychopath!
thunderthighs

lance baby rules the air waves...ciao
Mrs John Murphy

Fee fi fo fum I smell a lying wum.
thunderthighs

loser !!!!!!!
70kmph

Swiss drop investigations...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/s...drop-ullrich-doping-investigation

       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> The Coffee Lounge
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum