Archive for justcycling.myfastforum.org Just Cycling
 


       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> Dr.Fuentes Consulting Room
Slapshot 3

The Rules...

....this is obviously the right place for these....

"Itís all about the bike.
It is, absolutely, without question, unequivocally, about the bike.  Anyone who says otherwise is obviously a twatwaffle."

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules


Now you know boys....and Mrs SR I suppose.... Wink
SlowRower

When the chips are down, only Rule 5 counts. Smile
MrsSR

Re: The Rules...

Slapshot 3 wrote:
....this is obviously the right place for these....

"Itís all about the bike.
It is, absolutely, without question, unequivocally, about the bike. †Anyone who says otherwise is obviously a twatwaffle."

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules


Now you know boys....and Mrs SR I suppose.... Wink

In our house its all about 'rule 5'! Even the Little Rowers know the meaning of 'rule 5' although the initial explanation was re-worded somewhat....
Slapshot 3

Re: The Rules...

MrsSR wrote:
Slapshot 3 wrote:
....this is obviously the right place for these....

"Itís all about the bike.
It is, absolutely, without question, unequivocally, about the bike. †Anyone who says otherwise is obviously a twatwaffle."

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules


Now you know boys....and Mrs SR I suppose.... Wink

In our house its all about 'rule 5'! Even the Little Rowers know the meaning of 'rule 5' although the initial explanation was re-worded somewhat....


Wish my lot would understand that........too damn soft!

I always aim for solace in Rule 9.. Wink
MrsSR

Re: The Rules...

Slapshot 3 wrote:


Wish my lot would understand that........too damn soft!

I always aim for solace in Rule 9.. Wink

Rule 9 is really just Rule 5 re-worded.  Smile
Bartali

A pretty solid set of rules all round.  Rule 12 is one that I seem fixated on...
SlowRower

Rule 64 is a good one, particularly as it can be implemented without compromising Rule 5, if one repeatedly ascends and descends a testing gradient in training.

Rule 12 can be circumvented by getting one's other half to become a Weekend Warrior as well. Now it's just the bank manager to worry about...Smile
CapeRoadie

Re: The Rules...

Slapshot 3 wrote:
....this is obviously the right place for these....

"Itís all about the bike.
It is, absolutely, without question, unequivocally, about the bike. †Anyone who says otherwise is obviously a twatwaffle."

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules


Now you know boys....and Mrs SR I suppose.... Wink


Love it.
Guiness

SlowRower wrote:

Rule 12 can be circumvented by getting one's other half to become a Weekend Warrior as well. Now it's just the bank manager to worry about...Smile


Totally agree. Mrs G leads and I follow. She is Weekend Warrior No1 and I try to be a Weekend Warrior No2 in our household. Simply unbelieveable that I got her into biking* and has taken it up like a duck to water. As for the bank manager, when you are married to a tax lawyer they control the purse strings †Wink

* Mrs SR - you might be interested to know that Mrs G was a rower once. Maybe that's why she is so bloody good at cycling!
SlowRower

Guiness wrote:
* Mrs R - you might be interested to know that Mrs G was a rower once. Maybe that's why she is so bloody good at cycling!


Your logic is flawed, I fear. I was a rower once, and it's not done me much good on the bike - other than in embracing Rule 5, of course!

Good rowers, on the other hand do seem to take well to cycling. Smile
Guiness

SlowRower wrote:
Guiness wrote:
* Mrs R - you might be interested to know that Mrs G was a rower once. Maybe that's why she is so bloody good at cycling!


Your logic is flawed, I fear. I was a rower once, and it's not done me much good on the bike - other than in embracing Rule 5, of course!

Good rowers, on the other hand do seem to take well to cycling. Smile


Ok, I should have said she was a good rower and that why she is a bloody good cyclist! I am sure you were a good rower too, SR! Just being modest.   Wink
SlowRower

Guiness wrote:
Ok, I should have said she was a good rower and that why she is a bloody good cyclist! I am sure you were a good rower too, SR! Just being modest. † Wink


Let's just say that my forum name could realistically have been "9th Man in the Eight". Sad
Guiness

SlowRower wrote:
Guiness wrote:
Ok, I should have said she was a good rower and that why she is a bloody good cyclist! I am sure you were a good rower too, SR! Just being modest. † Wink


Let's just say that my forum name could realistically have been "9th Man in the Eight". Sad


Laughing  Laughing  Laughing


MrsSR

I used to have a fab cartoon of 8 coxes shouting at 1 rower. I have scoured the internet but can't find it anywhere.  Sad
Guiness

MrsSR wrote:
I used to have a fab cartoon of 8 coxes shouting at 1 rower. I have scoured the internet but can't find it anywhere.  Sad

That would be v apt.

For the cat lovers amongst us then ...


MrsSR

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
MAILLOT JAUNE


Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Bartali

[quote="Guiness:192268"]
SlowRower wrote:
As for the bank manager, when you are married to a tax lawyer they control the purse strings †Wink
 

Surely they only control somewhere between 20% and 50% of the purse stings Wink
Slapshot 3

[quote="Bartali:192298"]
Guiness wrote:
SlowRower wrote:
As for the bank manager, when you are married to a tax lawyer they control the purse strings †Wink


Surely they only control somewhere between 20% and 50% of the purse stings Wink


These accountancy gags just don't add up... Rolling Eyes
berck

Bartali wrote:
A pretty solid set of rules all round. †Rule 12 is one that I seem fixated on...


What about rule 28 mr white sock man? Wink
gerry12ie

Rule 5 is, of course, the Belgian rule...

Quote:
Gilbert's final preparation race this week will be the GP de Wallonie on Wednesday with its steep finish to the citadel of Namur. Back in his native Belgium, his hand injury sustained in a crash at the GP de Montreal proved not to be a concern. Even during the race, as his teammates brought him back to the front, Gilbert reportedly told them: "I am tougher than the tarmac."
SlowRower

[quote="Bartali:192298"]
Guiness wrote:
SlowRower wrote:
As for the bank manager, when you are married to a tax lawyer they control the purse strings †Wink


Surely they only control somewhere between 20% and 50% of the purse stings Wink


Would that be at most 30% if the tax lawyer had set up a few (entirely legitimate, of course) offshore trusts?

Or would this be self-defeating if that resulted in the tax lawyer then controlling less of the purse strings?
Slapshot 3

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID...races-worlds-not-yet-certain.aspx

Rule 5 obviously applies here Wink
gerry12ie

Slapshot 3 wrote:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID...races-worlds-not-yet-certain.aspx

Rule 5 obviously applies here Wink


He is as tough as old crocs Very Happy
MrsSR

Slapshot 3 wrote:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID...races-worlds-not-yet-certain.aspx

Rule 5 obviously applies here Wink

Don't you just want to give him a good slap??  Rolling Eyes
Slapshot 3

MrsSR wrote:
Slapshot 3 wrote:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID...races-worlds-not-yet-certain.aspx

Rule 5 obviously applies here Wink

Don't you just want to give him a good slap?? †Rolling Eyes


Absolutely, he's got one of those faces you just want to punch.
Nolte

i am strongly in support of rule #24
However may i add further in that this should also be the case for elevations to be stated in meters.

       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> Dr.Fuentes Consulting Room
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum