Archive for justcycling.myfastforum.org Just Cycling
 


       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> Dr.Fuentes Consulting Room
kellyrocheearly

Stomach cramps

have them the last two days and feeling groggy. Whats the best thing to do anyone??? HELP!!!
Think i have a bug maybe??
CapeRoadie

Re: Stomach cramps

kellyrocheearly wrote:
have them the last two days and feeling groggy. Whats the best thing to do anyone??? HELP!!!
Think i have a bug maybe??


Possibly. Stay away from the bad beer! Try fresh organic yogurt or buy "probiotics", i.e., the normal good bacteria found in your stomach and intestines when you're healthy. These go by various names like "acidophilus" or "bifidus", etc., and can be found at your local health food store.

Drink a lot of water. Are you running a fever? Cramping? Bloating? Diarrhea? And bowel or bladder changes?
CapeRoadie

You could try some aspirin or Tylenol as well. Or a little baking soda or Alka Seltzer.
Dr.Wierd

Tommy D?? Is that you?
crash48

You could do what the stars do-only use coke rather than water Wink

That supposed to clean you up Razz
Bartali

crash48 wrote:
You could do what the stars do-only use coke rather than water Wink

That supposed to clean you up Razz


The liquid stuff or the powder? Wink
kellyrocheearly

Re: Stomach cramps

CapeRoadie wrote:
kellyrocheearly wrote:
have them the last two days and feeling groggy. Whats the best thing to do anyone??? HELP!!!
Think i have a bug maybe??


Possibly. Stay away from the bad beer! Try fresh organic yogurt or buy "probiotics", i.e., the normal good bacteria found in your stomach and intestines when you're healthy. These go by various names like "acidophilus" or "bifidus", etc., and can be found at your local health food store.

Drink a lot of water. Are you running a fever? Cramping? Bloating? Diarrhea? And bowel or bladder changes?


Just cramping and a bit bloated, drinking water but not sure what to eat or whether to eat at all. My wife has caught it off me too as she's starting to feel a bit rough.
kellyrocheearly

Dr.Wierd wrote:
Tommy D?? Is that you?


Tommy D sympathy pains
bbnaz

sounds like a stomach bug to me if your wife has it now too.
sheeponabike

Bartali wrote:
crash48 wrote:
You could do what the stars do-only use coke rather than water Wink

That supposed to clean you up Razz


The liquid stuff or the powder? Wink


Laughing Laughing I thought exactly the same thing
kellyrocheearly

Great! now i have progressed to a 100 degree temp and the toilet two step.
CapeRoadie

Re: Stomach cramps

kellyrocheearly wrote:
CapeRoadie wrote:
kellyrocheearly wrote:
have them the last two days and feeling groggy. Whats the best thing to do anyone??? HELP!!!
Think i have a bug maybe??


Possibly. Stay away from the bad beer! Try fresh organic yogurt or buy "probiotics", i.e., the normal good bacteria found in your stomach and intestines when you're healthy. These go by various names like "acidophilus" or "bifidus", etc., and can be found at your local health food store.

Drink a lot of water. Are you running a fever? Cramping? Bloating? Diarrhea? And bowel or bladder changes?


Just cramping and a bit bloated, drinking water but not sure what to eat or whether to eat at all. My wife has caught it off me too as she's starting to feel a bit rough.


Sounds like a bug. If it gets much worse, see your doctor and get an antibiotic. It will probably pass.
CapeRoadie

kellyrocheearly wrote:
Great! now i have progressed to a 100 degree temp and the toilet two step.


Okay, fever and diarrhea, what fun!

Stay hydrated! "This, too shall pass". Apparently too quickly.

Feel better soon and rent a few good movies.

Hey, KER, have you read Paul Kimmage's book? Am re-reading it now.
kellyrocheearly

read it years ago but will probably read it again as didnt know what we know now at the time of reading it
Bartali

kellyrocheearly wrote:
Great! now i have progressed to a 100 degree temp and the toilet two step.


Too much information thank you! Hope you are feeling better!!
kellyrocheearly

Bartali wrote:
kellyrocheearly wrote:
Great! now i have progressed to a 100 degree temp and the toilet two step.


Too much information thank you! Hope you are feeling better!!


Sorry about that, feeling a little better this morning but still have a high temp. No bike for me today
CapeRoadie

kellyrocheearly wrote:
read it years ago but will probably read it again as didnt know what we know now at the time of reading it


How's you GI tract? I'd stop the steroid caps straight away.

Why don't you read the Kimmage book again and we can discuss in a new thread I'm loving it this second go-round.
forza_petacchi

On a somewhat related note, I rode a century in NJ on Saturday (it must have been 95˚F for most of the day) and at the end, whenever I breathed in deeply I felt like puking. Any ideas? I know it wasn't dehydration because I went through my 70 oz. Camelbak and both of my water bottles about 4 times over.
mayofan

that would be normal..happpens a lot of people when they run, youre lucky you didnt get sick

       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> Dr.Fuentes Consulting Room
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum