Archive for justcycling.myfastforum.org Just Cycling
 


       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> The Coffee Lounge
Guiness

It's OFFICIAL!!!

Beer is good for you (but only with pasta)

Moderate beer drinking is good for your health and can cut the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure, claim doctors.

Up to a pint a day, combined with exercise and a Mediterranean diet, can even help people lose weight, said Spanish researchers.

They added: "Beer drinkers here do not resemble Britons, who drink large quantities, almost without moving from one spot, while eating chips."
kathy

It's true, the Spanish tend to have a small beer to quench their thirst when it's hot.  I've even been known to do it myself - my excuse is that I really dislike most soft drinks Laughing

And I have lost a lot of weight!
Biosphere

Re: It's OFFICIAL!!!

Guiness wrote:
. . .  resemble Britons, who drink large quantities, almost without moving from one spot, while eating chips."
 Laughing
Slapshot 3

Re: It's OFFICIAL!!!

Biosphere wrote:
Guiness wrote:
. . .  resemble Britons, who drink large quantities, almost without moving from one spot, while eating chips."
 Laughing


I have to say that there have been a couple of occasions I've quenched my thirst with beer I've suffered, really suffered.........worrying that I did it more than once.

I adore continental beers, after 4 years in Germany how could I not. The more local the beer the better. German, Belgian, French less so, but getting into the town Brauhauses was too much of an education.

It may be good for you but I can't get past a decent Chianti or Barolo with Pasta.
bbnaz

SS - just noticed your palmares listed below your posts.

Well done!
Slapshot 3

bbnaz wrote:
SS - just noticed your palmares listed below your posts.

Well done!


It's the only one I have... Wink

       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> The Coffee Lounge
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum