Archive for justcycling.myfastforum.org Just Cycling
 


       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> Cycling Forum
mr shifter

Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian 2015 (1.UWT)

(1st August 2015) Embarassed
1.UWT = a top World Tour Event.

No FP for this event even though most of the top TDF riders are down to ride.
However I fancy Philippe Gilbert to win. ?
mazda

I notice that Lance Armstrong seems to have kept his win and second place in this event (according to ProCyclingStats).
I suppose the witch hunt eventually ran out of steam  Laughing
mr shifter

mazda wrote:
I notice that Lance Armstrong seems to have kept his win and second place in this event (according to ProCyclingStats).
I suppose the witch hunt eventually ran out of steam  Laughing
If you took them away as well then you might as well take his World Championship from him. Wow Mig Indurain would be WC.

Nah they were all before his Cancer when he abandoned the 1996 TDf.
I think everything is void from when he returned to competition in the summer of 1998.
Bartali

If Don Alejandro is riding then he's my man.
SlowRower

mr shifter wrote:
mazda wrote:
I notice that Lance Armstrong seems to have kept his win and second place in this event (according to ProCyclingStats).
I suppose the witch hunt eventually ran out of steam  Laughing
If you took them away as well then you might as well take his World Championship from him. Wow Mig Indurain would be WC.

Nah they were all before his Cancer when he abandoned the 1996 TDf.
I think everything is void from when he returned to competition in the summer of 1998.


Isn't the key thing that prior to 1998 he rode for a bog-standard commercial team, not one sponsored by a government agency, so there's no cause for the Feds to turn up on team mates' doorsteps with their guns out? Ergo, there's no eye-witness evidence of doping pre 1998.
Fontfroide

I am not going to even pretend to pick anyone.  In a slight slump or depression from my terrible picks during the Tour.  Hope I recover, since picking a team or winners is lots of fun, but not when the results turn out so badly.
kathy

Hey, we always have FPs for San Sebastian.   the thread is now up and running here.

http://justcycling.myfastforum.org/about5282.html

Looks like a really good field this year!
mr shifter

SlowRower wrote:
Isn't the key thing that prior to 1998 he rode for a bog-standard commercial team, not one sponsored by a government agency, so there's no cause for the Feds to turn up on team mates' doorsteps with their guns out? Ergo, there's no eye-witness evidence of doping pre 1998.
Much as I dislike the guy, I wouldn't stoop that low. sorry.
He was brought to Europe by Jim Ochowicz and the fanfare they made about him being the greatest thing since sliced bread.
The Smock himself believed all the hype.

On reflection he was a better rider than Bjarne Riis because he won Fleche Wallonne and then Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian and in my limited opinion without EPO. ?
mr shifter

kathy wrote:
Hey, we always have FPs for San Sebastian.   the thread is now up and running here.

http://justcycling.myfastforum.org/about5282.html

Looks like a really good field this year!
Chad says :- Wot no Froomey.
I know he's collecting the easy money on the Post Tour Criteriums.
I think he was 2nd yesterday. ?
SlowRower

mr shifter wrote:
SlowRower wrote:
Isn't the key thing that prior to 1998 he rode for a bog-standard commercial team, not one sponsored by a government agency, so there's no cause for the Feds to turn up on team mates' doorsteps with their guns out? Ergo, there's no eye-witness evidence of doping pre 1998.
Much as I dislike the guy, I wouldn't stoop that low. sorry.


Not sure I get your point here, Mr S. Can you elaborate, please? (i.e. who stooped where?)
Nolte

Well we saw the end, that was something.

Though I gather from cyclingnews, van aversmaet had a bad crash with TV bike when attacking. Does this year seem worse than usual for that type of accidents?

I remember a number of years ago, tour of California lost pictures a km before finish on a stage wo n by nocentini.

also it seems yates didn't know whether he had another lap to go at the end, couldn't believe he won it and was late raising his arms in victory. usually it is that they raise their hands on a lap early Smile not a lap late

       justcycling.myfastforum.org Forum Index -> Cycling Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum